[Dixielandjazz] This Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:04:19 PDT 2011

Bob:

I was manager of a Straw Hat Pizza here in Houston back in the late 70s.
Unfortunately, it was part of a 4-unit franchise run by a coupla honyaks who
didn't know "S*** from Shinola" about the restaurant industry.

Mine was consistently the highest grossing unit of the 4.  Maybe if we had a
budget that would have provided for hiring live music, it might have
survived..

The only entertainment we were ever able to provide was one of my cooks and
myself singing in the wide open kitchen.

Our specialty number was

"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to make pizzas
Let 'em make tacos and burgers and shakes
But don't let 'em make pizzas for goodness sakes"

And we weren't no Waylon 'n' Willie.

Tides
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?