[Dixielandjazz] need assist with finding a CD

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 25 17:50:16 PDT 2011

M J (Mike) Logsdon forwarded:
> I have a friend who is trying to replace a damaged CD. We did a tremendous
> number of things to try and recover the original without success. The CD is
> disk #3 from a Book of the Month 3-CD set called "52nd St. Swing, the
> Commodore Years."

Dear Mike,
A quick google failed to provide the titles to Disc 3 of the Book of The Month set.
I have a single CD from what appears to be a similar set.
"Swing Street Showcase (1938-39)"
It contains (in order) Commodore tracks by Jonah Joes, Stuff Smith, Leo Watson, Joe Marsala, and the DeParis Brothers.
During the 80s Milt Gabler was 'licensing' the Commodores all over the world.
Which meant that Commodore sessions turned up in all manner of combinations.
If my disc is the one your friend needs, he is welcome to a 'research' copy.
Kind regards,
Bill.