[Dixielandjazz] Band loyalty, Treatment of Subs

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 10:52:08 PDT 2011

Open Response to Leaders and Players:
Audience members with empathy have also watched bands use a sub, then
seemingly do nothing to help that sub succeed.  It's not pleasant to watch  you
let your "guest" who apparently came to your rescue  then flounder.  Maybe
you think it's respect for a fellow  professional.  But I have more than once
watched a sub be treated as the  invisible player.  And yes, I have seen
the opposite; i.e., the sub is  embraced, given necessary information on how
to proceed, given a featured spot  or two, etc.

Ginny