[Dixielandjazz] The Great Caceres Family Tribute on Riverwalk Jazz this week

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 07:20:33 PDT 2011

Listees:

This week Riverwalk Jazz presents an encore presentation of a show
originally recorded in the early 1990s tributing Ernie and Emilio
Caceres. Ernie played clarinet and bari sax with Eddie Condon, Glenn
Miller, Bobby Hackett, Nick's in the Village, Tommy Dorsey, etc. Here
is the JazzNotes page about the show:

http://www.riverwalkjazz.org/jazznotes/emilio_ernie_caceres/

You can stream the entire show from our website later today at
http://www.riverwalkjazz.org.

The show features performances by the Jim Cullum Jazz Band of that
period (Vaché, Pittsley, Sheridan, me, Elkins, Eddie Torres, etc.)
plus the great Chicago violinist Johnny Frigo, clarinet man Henry
Cuesta and Houston altoist David Caceres. The first 2 are no longer
with us, the 2nd 2 are Caceres family members. You may remember Cuesta
from the Welk TV show.

Visit our Facebook page here

http://www.facebook.com/riverwalkjazz

and leave a comment about the show.