[Dixielandjazz] Leaving djml?

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Mar 22 15:08:25 PDT 2011

Steve - stay here.  I am interested in very little on the list.
Occasionally I pick up a tidbit that makes my presentation better.

I am much more interested in the business of music.  I miss the debates and
hints that used to show up on the list quite frequently.  If no one pays I
don't play and that's why I am interested in the business of music.

I guess that most of the people on the list are hobby musicians and other
things are more interesting to them.  Sometimes I want to scream when I read
through twenty five takes on Louis Armstrong's valve oil.  I guess that's
why this thing has a delete key.

This is a diverse group and they like all sorts of things.  I find that if I
want to know something or need a lead sheet these guys are the best.  Oh yes
I incorporate many of the tips that make me money and keep me playing years
after many other guys and bands have dried up.
Larry
StL