[Dixielandjazz] Dukes and Stuff

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 22 14:33:27 PDT 2011

Steve Voce wrote [in part]:
> If most of you want me to leave the group then I will.
> If I stay I may upset you again. But then, surely you don't want a discussion group where everyone thinks alike?

Dear Steve,
If you leave, I may never speak to you again.
*>)
I've been on the list for nearly 12 years and have watched quite a few leave over the years.
Some meekly, others undetected - until we realised that they had gone.
A few went out in a blaze of anger - never to be missed.
However, a solid core of us have stuck it out to annoy the rest.
Just kidding.
Bob Ringwald, Judy E and Kash (so far) have provided excellent reasons why you should stay.
And I wholeheartedly second their comments.
Your jazz pedigree, expertise and wide-ranging knowledge of our music is a valuable asset to the List.
And also needed to balance our wonderful forum.
Don't be hasty. Please reconsider.
When I disagree with a subject, or am not interested in it, (mouthpieces, modern jazz, local US jazz scene gigs, worn out arguments and the like, I use the ever-handy <delete> key on my keyboard.
Very kind regards,
Bill. (The thick-skinned, self-styled mouldy fig from Downunder.)