[Dixielandjazz] DUKES OF DIXIELAND

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:48:37 PDT 2011

Query:

While we have had questions raised here regarding the band when it recorded
for Audio Fidelity as well as Columbia. I am wondering about an LP I have
that was released on the Roulette label, #R25029; "Curtain Going Up"

Now it says, "the original Dukes of Dixieand" and the extensive liner notes
tell of the history of the band an makes mention of the Assuntos but does
not give any personel listing.

I have always thought of "the originals" as being those who recorded on
Audio Fidelity under the "You have to hear it to believe it" series and have
two or three of them. I believe it was basically the same ensemble that
moved on to Columbia, but how about this one on Roulette?

I picked it up years ago because of "Samson's Delight" which was derived
from a classical piece by Saint-Saens, "Samson and Delilah"

Steve?  Bill? anyone?

Thanx
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?