[Dixielandjazz] Wang Wang Blues

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 00:55:34 PDT 2011

There are several very nice interpretations of Wang Wang Blues.
To start with, certainly set in time perspective, the original Whiteman version has lots to offer.
Then there is a simply great version by Fletcher Henderson, if I'm not mistaken arranged by Benny Carter. Lovely intro and a fantastic solo by Coleman Hawkins. (Not Henderson's first version though).
If a tune can inspire musicians to make such good music, it can't be bad.
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma