[Dixielandjazz] Barroom Buzzards to play Flower City Jazz Society

Custode at aol.com Custode at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 17:01:27 PDT 2011

Fellow list mates,

I rarely post performances of The Barroom Buzzards on this list, mostly
because of the number of gigs we play throughout the year.  However,  tomorrow
night (March 21) we are performing for the Flower City Jazz Society and
will have the pleasure of having two special guests with us: Peter  Pepke
(trombone) and Tom Kasperak (drums).

Peter Pepke has performed with just about every traditional jazz band on
the east coast, and Tom Kasperak has performed with the Tommy Dorsey Big
Band.  The addition of these two fine musicians will give the Barroom  Buzzards
added spark as the quartet will be expanded to the traditional six  man
Dixieland configuration.

Now in our 48th year of performing, the Barroom Buzzards continue to be
Western New York's premiere traditional jazz band.  Current line-up  consists
of original member and founder Paul Preston (clarinet/soprano  sax), Lew
Custode (trumpet/vocals), Warren Stirtzinger (banjo/guitar) and Paul
Zapalowski (tuba/bass).

Here are the gig details:

Monday, March 21
Green Lantern Inn