[Dixielandjazz] Who wrote Sing, Sing, Sing

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 02:18:41 PDT 2011

Ginny:

I had no idea that Chuck was that much older than me but I did comment on my
program that he was possibly in elementary school when Chu Berry was playing
with Cab Calloway.

I saw Chuck at one of Alan Freed's R&R shows at the Brooklyn Paramount.  I
think it was 1955 and he came on stage wearing an orange zoot suit and did
"Maybelline"

Also on the bill was Al Hibbler as his "Unchained Melody" was riding the
charts at the time and it was only then that I found out he was blind.

The lady who really brought the house down though was singer/trombonist
Lillian Briggs in a gold sequin dress that looked as if it had been painted
on her.  Her big hit at the time was "I Want You to Be My Baby".......There
were several others appearing that night but too long ago for me to remember
them.

Harry

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?