[Dixielandjazz] Dukes of Dixieland on Columbia

Andrew Homzy andrew.homzy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:37:03 PDT 2011

Hello Dixielanders,

I'd like to hear some of the last recordings made by the Dukes of Dixieland for Columbia in 1961-1963.

Certainly, these are some of the last recordings made by the Assunto brothers and their dad.

The specific tracks I'd like to hear are as follows -

When You're Smiling
What's The Time
Too Bad
New Orleans Ceremony
Saints
I Can't Give You Anything But Love

Below, are some of the the Lps they came from - minus one album which is not listed in any discography - I believe "What's The Time", "Too Bad" and "Farewell Blues" are on that mystery album.

If anyone could send me mp3 files of these tunes, I be much obliged.

Cheers,

Andrew

Breakin' It Up On Broadway : Frank Assunto (tp) Fred Assunto (tb) Jac Assunto (tb,bj) Jerry Fuller (cl) Gene Schroeder (p) Jim Hall (g) Jim Atlas (b) Charlie Lodice (d)
 	New York, August 29, 1961
CO68053	Runnin' wild	Col CL1728
CO68054	Runnin' wild	   -
CO68055	The new Ashmolian marching society	   -
CO68056	If I were a bell	   -
CO68057	Hey look me over	   -
[D6913]
 	New York, August 30, 1961
CO68058	Linda Rose	Col CL1728
CO68059	A drift on a star	   -
CO68060	Ain't misbehavin'	   -
[D6914]
 	New York, August 31, 1961
CO68061	I can't give you anything but love	Col CL1728
CO68062	Old fashioned love	   -
CO68063	How are things in Glocca Morra ?	   -
[D6915]
 	New York, September 1, 1961
CO68064	From this moment on	Col CL1728
By and by	    CL1970
CO68068	Lady be good	    CL1728

[D6916]
Now Hear This : Frank Assunto (tp,vcl) Fred Assunto (tb) Jac Assunto (tb,bj) Henry Fuller (cl) Gene Schroeder (p) Herb Ellis (g) Jim Atlas (b) Charlie Lodice (d)
 	Los Angeles, January 15, 1962
HC070510	When you're smiling	Col CL1793
HC070511	I'm coming, Virginia	   -
HC070512	Honeysuckle rose	   -
HC070513	Mood indigo	   -
HC070514	At the jazz band ball	   -
HC070515	My inspiration	   -
HC070516	St. Louis blues	   -
HC070518	Blue turning grey over you	   -
HC070519	Jazz me blues	   -
HC070520	After you've gone	   -
HC070521	Sweet Sue, just you	   -

[D6917]
Dixieland Hootnanny : Prob same
 	New York, March 16, 1962
CO69779	John Brown's other body	Col CL1871
[D6918]
Bob Casey (b) replaces Jim Atlas
 	New York, June 11, 1962
CO75509	Tavern in the country	Col CL1871
CO75510	Charming Billy	   -
CO75511	Little blue jug	   -
CO77512	Wreck of the old '97	   -
[D6919]
Edmond Hall (cl) replaces Henry Fuller
 	New York, June 12, 1962
CO75519	On top	Col CL1871
CO75520	Lazy Jane	   -
CO75521	Darling Nellie	   -
[D6920]
Jerry Fuller (cl) replaces Edmond Hall
 	New York, June 13, 1962
CO75529	Sometimes I feel like a motherless child	Col CL1871
CO75531	The color of my true loves hair	   -
[D6921]
 	New York, June 16, 1962
CO75532	House of the rising sun	Col CL1871
Frosty the snowman	    CL1893

[D6922]
Dukes At Disneyland : Al Hendrickson (g-1) added, Herb Ellis (g) also prob on other titles
 	"Disneyland", Los Angeles, September 29, 1962
HC070957	Royal garden blues	Col CL1966
HC070965	Canal Street blues	   -
HC070966	The saints march	   -
HC070970	Wolverine blues	   -
HC070976	Original dixieland one-step (1)	   -
HC070977	New Orleans ceremony	   -