[Dixielandjazz] Creole singer (was Japanese girls' swing orchestra)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 19 13:27:05 PDT 2011

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part] to Ulf:
> But best of all, you beat that mouldy old fig to the punch for once.  For
> that, you get extra points

Dear Harry,
Give me a break old mate.
When your email came through at 2.28am overnight, I wuz tucked up in bed.
At my age, I need my sleep.
By the time I had breakfast and read the emails, more knowledgeable experts than me had answered Alian's question.
Believe me if you want, but Lizzie Miles' name was the first I thought of.
Probably because I have the Sharkey records.
I don't have the George Lewis 1953 Hangover Club broadcast version mentioned by Ulf.
Kind regards,
Bill.