[Dixielandjazz] Japanese girls' swing orchestra

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 08:28:39 PDT 2011

No offense, Ulf.........but there I go, letting myself get  "scooped" by
some guy over in Sweden when I knew that Lizzie Miles came from Lake
Charles, Lousiana, just over the state line from Texas.

I shoulda known better.than to guess Josephine Baker but in searching track
listings of several of her CDs I found that she had recorded numbers in
similar style of "Bill Bailey" so at least it wasn't totally ridicdulous to
consider that she recorded it.

Funny, but the last time I guessed that a vocal was by Lizzie Miles (on a
Wild Bill Davison album) it turned out to be Chippie Hill and I remember
that Marek just about read me the riot act because I wasn't familiar with
her.

But best of all, you beat that mouldy old fig to the punch for once.  For
that, you get extra points

Tides
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?