[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland on Twitter--Your Comments?

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 13:16:42 PDT 2011

DJML Listmates:

I have in the past few weeks been experimenting with Twitter. There
are promotional possibilities for Dixieland there. Anyone else have
any thoughts on this? The trick seems to be, like the other social
networking "crowd sourcing" services, to establish as a large as
possible community of like-minded interests. I'm betting some of you
on this list use Twitter.

My address on Twitter is @DonMopsick. There is also a Landing (San
Antonio) address: @LandingJazz. The new owner of the Landing asked me
to ramp that up also.

Twitter seems like it would be more useful geographically than
Facebook, so I'm especially interested in establishing Florida
contacts, esp. SW FL (Tampa on down to Naples).  Any suggestions for
promoting the music are welcome. I'm not interested in telling
everyone what I had for lunch or why Rush Limbaugh is a douche bag. I
want people to follow me, and I want to read interesting stuff posted
by people doing interesting things (to me, like playing some hot jazz
in my area, for example).

So far I haven't found much Dixieland. Maybe I don't know where to look.

Thanks in advance.

mopo