[Dixielandjazz] 1926 Martin

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Mar 18 11:00:59 PDT 2011

All lthis talk about guitars on djml suddenly made me think that there may
be a few experts on board!  A few years ago, I found this guy on the
internet, cfh at provide.net and sent the following note to him.   While I did
get a response, he was reluctant to give any type of real value.

If anyone is interested in discussing this guitar with me, please let me
know.  I have good quality pictures I can send.  I'm not looking for a sale,
rather to know what I actually have.  I also have her violin (children's
size) from about the same year, and what looks to be a very nice mandolin.
(I haven't yet brought her banjo home with me!)  She no longer plays,
although she is quite able at 93!

Thanks,  Jim

Hi, I've had a good look over your site (excellent!), and am attaching 2
pictures of my mother's 1926 Martin which she has given me.  There is no
model number, so that is my main purpose in contacting you.

My mother always played the instrument lying on her lap & using a small,
steel bar & picks on her fingers.  She was given the guitar when she was a
little girl, so it is a one-owner, and is what looks like might be an
original case.

The serial number is 25515.  The name is C.F. Martin & Co. Narareth, PA
It has steel strings & I am told they are high off of the guitar.

I have measured it at its widest point = 13 & 3/4 inches.
Depth = 4 inches
Length = 19 inches
& it has 12 frets before the body.

NOTE:  have found that it might be a model 2-17.  Probably a size "zero".