[Dixielandjazz] The Mills Brothers

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:00:14 PDT 2011

I am of course in complete agreement with Carroll as to the need for
important re-issues such as this.

But, if I may borrow a phrase from the late Mr. Jolson, "you ain't heard
nuthin' yet".......until you hear some of the earliest Mills Brothers
recordings (1930-1932) where only a guitar was heard and the brothers
imitated other musical instruments.

And, it was DEFINITELY a guitar, not a F****** lute.

Tides
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?