[Dixielandjazz] South Rampart Street Parade

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 10 20:00:13 PST 2011

Stephen G Barbone wrote [in part]:
> But as Bill Haesler says, circa 1900-1915 there might have been only Rampart Street. That may explain the tune title: "I've Got The Blues For Rampart Street" which tune Bill H can give us the correct publish date. All I know is that Ida Cox sang it circa 1923.

Dear Steve,
"I've Got The Blues For Rampart Street"
Ida Cox Acc By Lovie Austin And Her Blues Serenaders:
Ida Cox (vcl) acc: Tommy Ladnier (c) Jimmy O'Bryant (cl) Lovie Austin (p)
Chicago, late September 1923

'Blues For Rampart Street' was used for the title of her Riverside LP album in 1961.
Kind regards,
Bill.