[Dixielandjazz] South Rampart Street parade, Final Word

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Mar 10 14:53:19 PST 2011

According to our resident expert Bill Haesler, he has a map from 1944 that shows Rampart Street but is not marked North or South.

As I suspected.  At that time it was just Rampart Street and not South Rampart Street.

I am sure that I heard that When Haggart wrote the song, there was no South Rampart Street.  I believe it might even of been Haggart who said it either in an interview, or to me personally.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds."
I bought her a bathroom scale.