[Dixielandjazz] South Rampart Street

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:11:32 PST 2011

Since this has obviously turned into National Geographic, it might interest
many of you that there is a little known street in Manhattan that lies
between Madison and Park Avenues. It runs north and south between 42nd and
47th Streets, right alongside Grand Central Station and it is called
Vanderbilt Avenue.

And then, there is the little known York Avenue which lies between First
Avenue and the East River

I remember back in the late 50s, another friend and I were carrying a third
who was drunk up the Avenue of the Americas.  We stopped to ask a cop where
6th Avenue was and without blinking an eye, simply replied "You're on it".
We might as well have just been walking a dog.

Now that's the place.so nice, they named it twice, New York, New York.......

Musical content?  I am now singing a chorus of "42nd Street" even as I speak
to you.

Tides,
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?