[Dixielandjazz] South Rampart Street

Tim Eldred julepjerk at surewest.net
Thu Mar 10 12:31:17 PST 2011

Just returned from New Orleans and there definitely is a South Rampart
Street - Canal Street is indeed the place that separates South Rampart from
North Rampart.  Don't know when the North/South designation was made, but
Canal is where many street names change, e.g., Chartres becomes Camp and
Royal becomes Saint Charles.  Canal is also the demarcation line for
North/South Carrollton.