[Dixielandjazz] Jack Sheldon Hoax?

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Fri Jun 24 12:43:41 PDT 2011

Here's the Jack Sheldon mea culpa from JazzTimes:

Earlier this morning we mistakenly published an obituary on Los
Angeles-based trumpeter Jack Sheldon, based on unconfirmed reports from
within the jazz community that Sheldon had died.
Sheldon is not deceased. His wife, Dianne Sheldon, has confirmed that
Sheldon is alive and well and in Los Angeles. Mrs. Sheldon also said that
she does not know how the rumors began.
JT regrets the error.

Stan
Stan Brager