[Dixielandjazz] Poems

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 23 14:25:23 PDT 2011

Pat Ladd wrote [in part]:
> I have no idea how it is done but I suspect that Bills poem, and perhaps mine exist somewhere in the archives.

Dear Pat,
For some reason, I do not seem to have the original post 'Poems' which started this thread.
However, I too have fond memories of Bill Gunter and our many 'off list' chats.
Also his visit to Sydney when Eric Holroyd brought him to our gig and Bill sat in with our band.
So far as the DJML Archive is concerned, it can be accessed as follows:
(Courtesy, nearly a year ago, of our always helpful listmate Andy Ling.)

"The archives live here
   http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/
There isn't any built-in search, but you can make use of google. If you prefix your google search with
   site:http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/
Then it will search the archive
Putting into google
   site:http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/helicon
gives near the top
   http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/2010-June/065541.html
 [end of quote]."

If you know the year the poems appeared you can also, eventually, locate the posts.
I have yet to work out how to do it easily, just by subject.
Very kind regards,
Bill (your cobber from downunder).