[Dixielandjazz] Poems

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 23 13:53:50 PDT 2011

Hi,
I have no idea how it is done but I suspect that Bills poem, and perhaps mine exist somewhere in the archives.

Perhaps someone who is savvy about such things (and who thinks it is worthwhile) could dig them out.

I first tilted at Bill on this list  about something grammatical. I did not know at that time that he was a teacher of English at a fairly high level or I might have been more circumspect.
I cannot remember  but I suspect that he took me to the cleaners in his riposte
Eventually Bill, and his wife Beverly, turned up at a gig I was playing in Bath (UK). He, naturally, had his washboard secreted about his person and he sat in with the band on washboard and vocals  with   Walkin` with my baby down upon the Frisco Bay` and `Washboard roundelay` (I am sure that is not the correct title)
I met Bill a couple of times when he was over here  with the Boondockers and he and Beverly borrowed my seaside cottage for a week.
We also played together as the DJML INTERNATIONAL ALL-STARS for a one number touring band with listmates John Farrell on piano,Judy Eames, vocal, Tony Davis trumpet, Bob Romans trombone, Andy Ling clarinet and myself on the drums. on 19th  October 2003 at Astin, Oxford.
I still have the pic on my shelf to remind me.
Bill was a great guy as many of the older members on this list will testify.

Cheers

Pat