[Dixielandjazz] Al Webber, RIP

John Blegen jcblegen at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 21 17:47:56 PDT 2011

Very sorry to hear this news.  Al was unforgettable.  I first met him in the
60's when I played now and then with his Good Time Six at the Pilgrim Gardens in
suburban Philadelphia.   After I arrived in Baltimore, he would hire me
occasionally to play with the Federal Jazz Commission.  I remember visiting his
home in Pennsylvania, and I always enjoyed his company.

John Blegen, clarinet
Evanston, IL