[Dixielandjazz] Al Webber, RIP

Deborah Doyle zorrah at well.com
Mon Jun 20 16:39:47 PDT 2011

I was shocked to learn this weekend that Al Webber had died in April.

Years ago, Al founded the Potomac River Jazz Club in the Washington, D.C. area with Anna and Fred Wahler.  He was witty, charming and, of course, passionate about traditional jazz. He also played a mean trombone right until the end.

I don't remember reading anything about it here on DJML (though it may very well have bee mentioned), so here are two obits, including the one in The Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/alan-c-webber-editor-trombonist/2011/04/21/AFsu6SRE_story.html

http://slidewebber.wordpress.com/about/

Deborah Doyle
San Francisco