[Dixielandjazz] CDs with Rappers . . . . oops

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:49:40 PDT 2011

On the other hand, a lot of interesting youngish "hot" brass bands
from New Orleans and many other parts of the world have been recording
with rap/hip-hop artists with some good results over the last decade
or so. I have played some of them on my radio show.

Also, BTW, the current season of Treme on HBO has been getting into
the same territory.

Don't reject without at least a listen - not all hip-hop poets and
turntable artists are misogynistic thugs!

( here is a project that might tickle your OKOM fancy:
http://www.drumsnoguns.org/callowayletter.html  )

David Richoux