[Dixielandjazz] Help needed on a Bob Crosby recording

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Mon Jun 20 10:17:29 PDT 2011

Dear Bill,

Many, many thanks for your excellent, comprehensive reply. As usual, you are
a "knupp".
The CD you name agrees completely with the one I have, except for the title,
and this is just "Jazz". The covering leaflet has a picture of the top half
of a double bass being played by an Afro-American with exceptionally long
fingers and with an out-of-focus white tenor saxophonist in the background.
The playing time for SRSP is given as 3:34, but my CD-player confirms that
this is "presence-on-CD" time, and that the actual playing time is 3:31, as
you say. This means that the recording is the 1937 one, with presumably
Eddie Miller playing the clarinet solo.

Very Kind Regards

Bob