[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Daddies on Riverwalk Jazz This Week

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:00:47 PDT 2011

This reminds me of a band I heard at the  Edinburgh Jazz Festival,
"The Rising Sons," composed of sons of well-known musicians.  I cannot
find the details right now - it's almost 2AM - but among them were
Emile Martyn, son of the drummer Barry Martyn, and Sammy Rimmington
Jnr., the son of the famous clarinettist Sammy Rimmington.  Both, I
believe, have since become musicians in their own right.  Emile may be
heard on a  Willie Humphrey GHB CD (BCD 248).
Cheers