[Dixielandjazz] The thrust of the matter

Eric Holroyd eholroyd at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jun 14 17:26:18 PDT 2011

Bill Sharp asked "you are an Aussie aren't you?"

I was born in England and moved to Australia in 1966, and later became a
proud Aussie via naturalisation.

My recent post referring to Bill's post about old songs BEING WRITTEN with a
4/4 Verse and a 3/4 chorus suffered from having the possessive apostrophes
replaced by question marks, so I am sending this post in Plain Text (rather
than the HTML format which my email client normally sends in).

Perhaps that will solve the apostrophe / question mark mystery.

I find that substitution almost as annoying as the proliferation of greater
than signs (>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>) which are a direct result of so many
DJMLers choosing not to delete large, non-relevant, chunks of posts to which
they are replying. Or maybe they just don't know HOW to delete...

KInd regards to all

Eric Holroyd