[Dixielandjazz] Changing meters in OKOM

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Sun Jun 12 19:53:45 PDT 2011

From: billsharp <sharp-b at clearwire.net>
Date: June 12, 2011 10:26:10 AM PDT
To: dwlit at cpcug.org
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Changing meters in OKOM

Your response to me is just like mine to my friend, in which I said Quote:  I know that in past times I have played several songs, perhaps half a dozen, where the meter changes from 3/4 to 4/4, or vice versa, but I can't recall their names.

... and what was it we were we talking about ???  Who are you, and why are you sending me emails?  You're not friends with A.Weiner, are you?
(just wondering - - what with your name being Sheik, a very well-known condom. )

Actually, thanx for the response,
Bill#

On Jun 12, 2011, at 9:47 AM, dwlit at cpcug.org wrote:

Yes, on several occasions. I just can't remember what they were.

--Sheik

> Bill Sharp wrote:
> Here is a quote from an email sent to me: Last week I ‘found myself’
> singing “Just a Song At Twilight” (or “Love’s Old Sweet Song,”) a song
> I’ve known since childhood.  I was puzzled to finally realize the verse is
> written in 4/4 and the refrain is in 3/4.  Have you come across anything
> like that in vintage American music?
>
> So, can anyone in DJML help answer that question?

billsharp - - -
 a  prefectionist