[Dixielandjazz] "Fingers" Carr/Lou Busch

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Mon Jun 6 09:23:05 PDT 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to my email.
I googled and utubed (is that a word yet?)
Ben Light and found completely different results
than expected. Could that name have been used
by more than one person?
(please don't answer that)
It's obvious that what I found I did not expect.
I did not intend to mislead anyone... sorry.
The person googled etc - it ain't him.
=====================================
I have 78 rpm records on some obscure brown
label. Solo Piano (no guitar - no organ) playing
almost a parody of the "lightning fingers" of any
of the "barrel house" pianists. Swing bass left
hand ala Tatum and arpeggios that would make
Carmen Cavallaro cry.
Perhaps I have the name wrong. My records
are in a warehouse and really hard to get to.
In any case, I was informed, years ago, that it
was really Lou Busch using yet another alias.
====================================
Talking about fake names etc.
I'm sure you all know who Charlie Chan (musician)
and John Birks were.
Perhaps when I'm feeling up to it I'll sneak in
a few stories from the studios when what was on the
label and in the books is not what really happened.
Thanks for putting up with me,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com