[Dixielandjazz] Word From Bria Skonberg

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Jun 5 11:09:03 PDT 2011

"You can learn a lot of things from the flowers, for especially in the month of June..
There's a wealth of happiness and romance, All in the Golden Afternoon"
- Alice in Wonderland
Hi musical friends and family!
After my first winter experience on the East Coast I'm greatly enjoying the first
spring in New York.   I'm still working on my album due out in September, trying
to practice and play as much as possible, enjoy some warmth, and CHEER ON THE VANCOUVER
CANUCKS!!!! STANLEY CUP 2011 BABY!!!    Should you be headed out this way this month,
I would love to see you at any of the following:
SUNDAYS @ BIRDLAND
I'll be featured with the house band at Birdland led by guitarist John Hart starting
tonight, June 5, cotinued on the 12th and 19th, all at 6:00 pm.  www.birdlandjazz.com
Wednesday June 8:
 5:30 pm, Louis Armstrong Centennial Band led by Dave Ostwald - Birdland, NY, NY
(212) 581-3080.  This week will feature the incredible clarinetist Anat Cohen and
pianist Dick Hyman.
Saturday June 11
: 11:00-4:30, New Jersey Jazz Festival, Emily Asher's Garden Party, St.Elizabeth
College, Morristown NJ. Come check out the premier performance of this fun filled
new group led by an incredible trombonist/vocalist! www.emilyasher.com
Saturday June 18
: 2:00 pm at the Louis Armstrong House Museum (aka Louis' house!! Pinch me!)
I'm leading a "Hot Four" including Cynthia Sayer, Dan Levinson, and Jared Engel in
the backyard. Come out for music, red beans, rice, and joy.
3456 107th Street, Queens, NY(718) 478-8274
Tuesday, June 21st:
  Trombonist Wycliffe Gordon is leading a big band that I'll be a part of for Jazz
Mobile's summer concert series. Details still TBA, check in with me or  at www.jazzmobile.org
More LOUIS!
June 24-25
:  For my friends from afar, I'll be going for the first time to the Louis Armstrong
Festival in Bank, Hungary. . www.jazzfesztival.hu This will be my second trip to
this gem of a country and I look forward to re-connecting with people there.
Last but not least,  Thursday June 30th: Domaine Wine Bar, Long Island City
I'll be part of NY guitarist Ted Gottsegen's quartet for our first night of hopefully
many at this beautiful and quaint new spot in LIC. 50-04 Vernon Blvd, minutes from
the 7 Train at Vernon/Jackson.  9:00 pm-12:00.
http://www.domainewinebar.com/
As always, please feel free to find me on Facebook for more updates, or unsubscribe
from this list if you'd rather not receive these monthly emails.
Thanks so much everyone; Hope this month brings you much warmth, happiness, and inspiration!
Bria
www.briaskonberg.com
follow on Twitter

friend on Facebook

forward to a friend
unsubscribe from this list

update subscription preferences
Sent to rsr at ringwald.com -
why did I get this?
unsubscribe from this list

update subscription preferences
self · 3-795 Bergen St · Brooklyn, New York 11238
MailChimp Email Marketing