[Dixielandjazz] Gig List + Oh Yeah Day at Dravo Plaza

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 19:16:27 PDT 2011

Dear List mates
Dear Fans, Friends, Clients (recipient list suppressed)

August 4 is the 110th anniversary of Louis Armstrong's birth and the
roughly about the same year that a unique American art form, jazz, was
born. Louis was certainly the most influential jazz musician of the
first half of the 20th century.

And so, on August 4th, classic jazz concerts around the world will pay
homage to him on a day that has been designated "Oh Yeah Day" The many
worldwide audiences will participate in shouting out "Oh Yeah" at the
conclusion of one of the songs he made famous. See the below web site
for a short video of him doing it, and information about this special
day.

http://www.ohyeahday.com/

Barbone Street is pleased to be a participant in this worldwide
celebration with an August 4 concert at DRAVO PLAZA in Wilmington
DE,USA from 7 to 8:30 PM. Outdoors, bring a lawn Chair. We'll be
adding the "Oh Yeah" coda on at least one Armstrong song, and
depending on how enthusiastically the audience responds, maybe on
several of his songs. It is a 2 set show so we'll do it at least once
during each set.

We Will Dedicate All Of Our August Public Gigs To Armstrong And
Reprise The "Oh Yeah" Codas during Each Performance. All concerts are
FREE except Ocean City Music Pier ($10) . Below are dates.

4 - Dravo Plaza-Wilmington DE  7 to 8:30 PM- bring lawn chair.

11-Bellevue State Park, Wilmington DE 6:30 to 8PM bring chair

17-The Hickman, W.Chester PA 6:30- to 7:30

18 - Anderson Farm Park, Upper Providence PA 7 to 9 PM bring chair

21 - Green Lane Park, Green Lane PA 7 to 9 PM, bring chair

25 - Ocean City Music Pier, Ocean City NJ 8 to 10 PM (indoors)

28 -Community Park, Levittown PA 6 to 8 PM, bring chair.

31 - Upper Chichester Park, Boothwyn PA 5:30 to 7:30 PM bring chair.

Come on by to be a part of these events. Who knows, "Oh Yeah" may
become a regular rallying call at our many September gigs also.

Cheers,
Steve (Oh Yeah) Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband