[Dixielandjazz] Jimmy McPartland on Riverwalk Jazz this week

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:59:35 PDT 2011

Most of you know that Jimmy McPartland was one of Chicago's "Austin
High Gang" that included Bud Freeman, Frank Teschemacher, Dave Tough,
and others. Also that he was the husband of public radio's "Piano
Jazz" host Marian McPartland.

Riverwalk Jazz pays tribute to Jimmy this week with the help of Dick
Hyman, Kenny Davern, Vince Giordano and Allan Vaché.

Stream it at your convenience here: http://riverwalkjazz.org.

Please let me know if there are any problems with streaming. Enjoy!

"Like" our Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/riverwalkjazz

Lots of activity there, historical recordings, videos, news from the
world of classic jazz, etc.

"I may seem like I'm in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me there."

Sometime during the last decade I was a guest on Marian McPartland's
radio show. You should have heard how she murdered my last name. But
they fixed it in post-production and no one was the wiser. The other
guests appearing with me were Ed Torres and Jim Cullum.

mopo