[Dixielandjazz] Spotify

Ulf Jagfors ulf.jagfors at telia.com
Sun Jul 24 14:00:22 PDT 2011

Well, it is a kind of peer to peer function that uses all connected
subscribers cashed  playlists to back up streaming data for other connected
subscribers to save bandwidth and increase download speed.. By no way I
believe that Apple should allow SPOTIFY to download their clients iTune
cashed lists to back up other SPOTIFY clients. As Iphone and Ipad has Apps
for Spotify I am confident that Apple have checked that thoroughly. But why
not ask Apple about it? I am sure there are a number of FAQ lists you can
address this issue. If you are worried about your secrets don´t connect to
SPOTIFY until you know for sure.

“if I have a song that is not in the general Spotify catalogue (something I
loaded from an old record or other source) then any other Spotify user can
get it, unless I set my account preferences to  restrict access.”

But SPOTIFY have worked several years to clear the copyright situation for
different markets. I cannot believe that they should jeopardize that by
supplying material from outside sources, like the Pirate Bay site, which is
not in the cleared copyright catalogues. After all they pay for each
downloaded tune in a strict agreement with the owner of the tunes. I have
never seen any strange source in my downloads of tunes after a name or band
search. All sources are issued CD´s from different companies.

Please keep me updated. I am interested of the outcome. And thanks for
alerting the list about it. I will see what I can find out from my Swedish
brothers.

Ulf