[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Band on Letterman

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Wed Jul 20 17:16:21 PDT 2011

Wow, what a swingin' version of "I'll Fly Away."

Del McCoury's Bluegrass band seemed to function as the rhythm section for
the Preservation Hall group. The horn/reed section really had some swing to
it.

This looks like one of the several versions of the Preservation Hall group
that tours. The band I saw and heard when they were in Wisconsin were
totally different players, as were the ones I heard in  New Orleans on site.
They all sounded terrific.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band