[Dixielandjazz] Gene Autry (NPR segment)

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sun Jul 17 08:08:54 PDT 2011

I don't remember the radio show at all, even though it lasted into the '50s.  Gene Autry's later movies after he moved from Republic to Columbia and became his own producer were all set in the old west.  No cars.

They've shown his entire TV output on Encore Westerns several times, and the only one I've seen with cars was the first show he produced.  All the rest were in an old west setting.  Encore Westerns shows his old movies every Sunday at 12:00 noon ET.

Hal Vickery