[Dixielandjazz] FW: Composer's credits, correction

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jul 14 11:26:03 PDT 2011

I wrote earlier
>It is common that if a big name singer sings your song, he gets half of the
credit (for royalties), the publisher (usually owned by the singer!) gets
25%, and the real composer gets the remaining 25%.

My math was incorrect there.  After thinking about it, my past personal
experience in these matters has been:  well-known singer = 25%,
(normally)his own publishing company = 25%, composer = 25%, and words =25%.

Jim