[Dixielandjazz] Worthless Ellington

Joe Carbery joe.carbery at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:10:02 PDT 2011

Bert,

I agree with you about Hodges' tone. He had the most beautiful tone on alto.
On tenor, I prefer Lester Young of the 1930s or Eddie Miller of any era.
However, I take it that Teagarden was referring to the band as a whole.
My reference to perfect pitch was to underline how good his ear was.

To quote Marek: De gustibus non disputandum.

Regards,

Joe Carbery.