[Dixielandjazz] Thanks for computer help

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jul 10 09:01:07 PDT 2011

No Music Content, but may be interesting to some.

Several members made suggestions to me about the dreaded Windows Blue
Screen.  I used my long ago installed SPYBOT Search & Destroy software to
seek out 3 programs that had installed themselves on my system.  Two were
part of Windows normal updates that they constantly insist you load onto
your computer.  This one was Microsoft.Window.AppFirewallBypass.  It was in
two parts, and was used to "question" new software being loaded onto my
computer.

I got the Blue Screen while trying to download a program recommended by my
son, so that would have been this Microsoft Firewall blocking the download.
I used my Spybot to erase the program, and hopefully all will be well.

By the way, the software I was downloading is called Geosetter, and it is
free.  My camera, a Panasonic Lumix has GPS, which shows across the bottom
of the camera's screen the exact location you are in at any given moment.
Kinda neat as when I was sitting in a small church in Mumbai (Bombay) in
April, the camera told me the name of the church, and longitude, etc.
Anyway, the Goesetter automatically marks on a Google map where each of your
pictures was taken.

I will, however, have to consult with my son to see how this can be of much
use.  His degree was in all this stuff, but for me...and for the moment, it
just looks a bit nerdy!

Jim