[Dixielandjazz] FW: A healthy future for classic jazz?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:41:00 PDT 2011

.

> However, in a club you will find all sorts of people.  There are those that
> came to hear the music & those that just fell in off of the street.

I mean clubs that charge entrance, lik the now defunct 100 Club in
London, for example.

>  by an attentive & polite waiter.

The only place I've seen that done was Pizza Express on Dean Street in
London upon my last visit there.  But I had been there before, and the
maitre d'  did not bother those times.

 Nevertheless, that is the
> way things are often.
>

> However, thank goodness for all those smoochers & talkers!  At least they
> buy drinks & the clubs keep hiring us.

Now that's for sure!  I always order something beyond the minimum at
palces that have minimum order, or places charging entrance, as I
believe that  this additional revenue motivates owners to hire bands,
even in places like the Pizza Express where the owner loves jazz.

Cheers