[Dixielandjazz] FW: Capitol Focus Youth Band in Madrid

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Jul 6 01:41:33 PDT 2011

Ginny wrote:
>I have to be an old lady about two things.  CFYJB:  1.   Knock it off on so

much cowbell.

Ginny, to be fair, I was standing with my camera very close to the drums &
to the side of the brass on Sunnyside.  The electric piano is amplified, but
I was not near one of the speakers.  That is to say that what is heard on
the videos is a badly balanced mix of sound...particularly on Caravan where
I was standing right over the drums & behind the brass!

The boys didn't have a soundcheck, and just sat down to our gear, so the
drummer couldn't have been advised by anyone as to the level he was playing
at.

Jim