[Dixielandjazz] Chris Barber

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 2 18:09:58 PDT 2011

Marek Boym wrote:
> I have just been given a Chris Barber LP "Travelling," on TIP 633126.
> Tunes are: High Society, Dardanella, Sister kate, Creole jump,
> Precious Lord, Clarinet marmalade, Jamaika (sic; correct spelling on
> the label) March, 8:20 Blues, Some of These Days and Making Whoopee.
> No other information is given.

Dear Marek,
The following information is courtesy of listmate Gerard Bieldeman's definitive Chris Barber Discography and supplements the information from Rodger Wade.
Very kind regards,
Bill.

The  German TIP 633126 album, 'Travelling' contains the following:

Chris Barber's Jazz Band.
Pat Halcox (t) Chris Barber (tb) Edmond Hall (cl) Ian Wheeler (cl,as) Eddie Smith (bj) Dick Smith (sb) Graham Burbidge (d).
	Dardanella, 8:20 Blues, Jamaika March, High Society, Clarinet Marmalade, Making Whoopee, Creole Jump

Pat Halcox (t) Chris Barber (tb) Louis Jordan (as, vcl) Ian Wheeler (cl,ss) Eddie Smith (bj) Dick Smith (b) Graham Burbidge (d).
	I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate

Pat Halcox (t) Eddie Smith (bj) Dick Smith (sb) Graham Burbidge (d).
	Some of These Days

Pat Halcox (t) Chris Barber (tb) Ian Wheeler (cl,as) John Slaughter (g) Stu Morrison (bj) Mickey Ashman (sb) Graham Burbidge (d) Kenneth Washington (vcl, assisted by the band).
	Precious Lord Take My Hand