[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan and Darlene Edwards twofer

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Fri Jul 1 13:42:54 PDT 2011

Thanks for spotting this, Bob.  I've been a big fan of J&D Edwards
since being introduced to them nearly 40 years ago by Al Webber,
whose own departure from this mortal coil was announced here just a
few weeks ago.

This CD does indeed contain all 12 tunes on
         "The Piano Artistry of J&D Edwards," first issued in 1957 on
Columbia CL 1024 in 1957; later reissued on undated LP Corinthian 104,
and all 12 on
         "Jonathan & Darlene Edwards in Paris (first issued on
Columbia CL 1513 in 1960; later reissued on undated LP Corinthian 103,
plus another 5 that don't appear ever to have been issued.

I don't know where you saw "101 Distribution"; I couldn't find it,
and in any case I don't know what it means or anything about the
Acrobat label.  But that CD also is available from American amazon.com.

Also available at amazon.com are Jonathan & Darlene's Greatest Hits,
vols. 1 & 2.  They're on the Corinthian label but do not match the
old Columbia/Corinthian LPs -- in fact, they have a number of tracks
that aren't on any of the three above.

The link to all three and more is at

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_16?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=jonathan+edwards&sprefix=jonathan+edwards#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=jonathan+%26+darlene+edwards&rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3Ajonathan+%26+darlene+edwards

but make sure you keep all that lot on one line.

Buy 'em all!  You won't regret it.

------------------------------------
>Bob Ringwald reported,

Finally, some original Jonathan and Darlene Edwards albums have been
released on
CD in their entirety:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Original-Jonathan-Darlene-Edwards/dp/B004UBB38I/

...but I suspect that "101 Distribution" means that this is a
nebulous UK public
domain release, and that these are transfers from LPs?

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org