[Dixielandjazz] Randy Reinhart

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 08:49:04 PST 2011

Steve:

What's a "spopt"?  Sounds like something that would require me to pre-spray
a garment before launderiing.it.

Just kidding with you, of course as I suspect it was just a typographical
error which even I am also prone to all too often (with a silent "t").

As to Randy, just after I posted Herb's Groundhog gig, Bob Ringwald e-mailed
me off-list telling me about his associaton with Jim Cullum

I guess that since Bob never had the good fortune to have played with him as
you did, he chose not to post it on the list..

If I were in the audience when you were playing "Tin Roof Blues" I probably
would have started me singing "Make Love to Me" because of the strong
similarity.between the two.

While I don't have Jo Stafford's version of it, I did consult a 45 I have by
the Dorsey Brothers and the composition credits do not match that of "Tin
Roof Blues".  Is it possible that we might possibly have another "Jimmy
Forrest situation" here?

Tides
HC

--