[Dixielandjazz] Randy Reinhart

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 29 07:45:51 PST 2011

> Harry Callaghan <meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com> wrwote (polite snip)
>
> While I am of course familiar with the name, I am not that well
> acquainted
> with cornetist Randy Reiinhart.  However, if Herb selected him to be
> a part
> of this ensemble, I am confidant that he will prove to be a most
> valuable
> asset.

Dear Harry:

Spopt on. Randy Reinhart is one of the finest cornetists playing OKOM
these days. SIMPLY SUPERB.

He also dabbles in trombone and reeds when the mood strikes him. He
played trombone for a while with Jim Cullums jazz band in San Antonio
several decades ago, then left and concentrated on Cornet, free
lancing all over the USA and Europe.

I fondly remember a time that he was in the front line on cornet, with
me on clarinet and Pete Pepke on trombone. We were playing Tin Roof
Blues.

Piano took first solo, then Randy on cornet, then Pepke handed him his
trombone and he took a chorus on trombone, then I handed him my
clarinet and he took a chorus on clarinet.

Fantastic.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband