[Dixielandjazz] Betty Smith

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 28 15:42:12 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Voce"
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 9:28 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Betty Smith

<snip>

> *Betty Smith, tenor saxophonist, vocalist, bandleader: born Sileby,
> Leicestershire 6 July 1929; married 1950 Jack Peberdy; died Kirby Muxloe,
> Leicestershire 21 January 2011.*

Thanks, Steve, for the sad news of Betty's passing. Only a couple of days
back I was wondering what had happened to her. I last saw/heard her at a gig
here in N.Suffolk around 1981 when she shared the front line with Kenny
Baker and Roy Williams. I well remember (who wouldn't) her shoving my head
into the cleavage of her ample bosoms. When I regained my composure (and
focus) I vowed never to sit in the front row again !! <vbg>

Also, belatedly, thanks for the info on Red Price you posted a short while
back.
~~
John D