[Dixielandjazz] The bassist joke

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 26 19:24:57 PST 2011

 >A mind reader is at a nightclub one night and decides to give a small
>demonstration of her abilities.  First, she reads the mind of the lead
>guitarist: "Wow, look at all the cute chicks who showed up tonight!  Good
>crowd!"  Then the drummer: "Lots of people showed up tonight...Great! We're
>going to make good money tonight" Then the Keyboard player: "All three of
>these guys have no appreciation of my talent...What a bunch of losers"
>Finally, the Bass player: "C...G...C...G..."

well.  It would all depend on the timing of those notes.
There are some musicians I know who would welcome a bass player who wouldn't
drive the mind-reader batty with overambitious, unswinging progressions.  I
should imagine this comment inoffensive, because that sort of viceuoso is liable
to be deaf to what readers of this page regard as musical virtues.