[Dixielandjazz] When to Pack it In.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 25 06:47:32 PST 2011

> "Robert Ringwald" <rsr at ringwald.com> wrote in part
>

>> I guess I'm in the minority here along with Ginny.  IMO, musos should
>> keep performing as long as they enjoy it.
>

> There are no absolutes.
>
> I doubt that Steve would still have the same opinion if he had seen
> Earl Hines as I did.

Don't doubt me Bob. I regret that I was unable see Earl Hines perform
in 1983 in San Francisco the week before he died. I would have loved
it, no matter how badly he might have played or how out of it he might
have been. The man was a legend and that's what I would have seen.

IMO Hines was performing because he wanted to and that's quite OK with
me.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband