[Dixielandjazz] Bending over backwards

BILL SHARP sharp-b at clearwire.net
Mon Jan 24 07:13:12 PST 2011

I sent this to a friend - -   You're going to watch it and perhaps ask the same question he did:   " But why?"

 It is unbelievable that a human body could do this!

·           www.jokeroo.com/bin/player.swf?5f9f_f369

And now I shall justify my posting this video on DJML -- - - -I immediately saw that this video does relate to what we in the musical world do:  The performers spent countless hours perfecting this single performance of just a few minutes in order to amaze audiences around the globe - - so they're exactly like musicians in that regard.  There is not a bit of difference. And we all know how we've all bent over backwards to do a good job.  Additionally, after hearing some of the performances of modern jazz, I also ask myself that same question:  "But why?"  This video, thus being a perfect example of what we do therefore does belong on this mailing list, don't you think?  (I wonder if the contortionists  ever think outside the box?).

May your house be safe from tigers, your computer from spam,

 Bill #
   (_III_)   \
retired educator,
avocation: musician
email tag:  secrets are safe with my friends because they can't remember them either.